Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sunset Grill & Pub

This entry is dedicated to E.

I've known E for merely two years. If I remember correctly, I've not gone out with her alone more than twice. They say, it doesn't take a food connoisseur to tell if the food is good. Likewise, it doesn't take a decade to find out E is a nice girl.

She's helpful, kind, caring, sincere, friendly, trustworthy, responsible and the list goes on.
One thing all her friends will have to agree is that she is very good at organising.

Lately, I got to discover this really cool dining place and other interesting shooting locations all thanks to her.
Sunset Grill & Pub is located at Singapore Flying Club, overlooking a beautiful sunset and, if you're lucky, private jets taking off or landing.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I was a tad disappointed to learn that Sunset Grill & Pub is opened by the owner of
Jerry's BBQ & Grill. I'm not sure if Jerry's is related to Buckaroo BBQ & Grill but somehow I prefer the latter. No, I'm not about to start a debate who is better. After all, I love both their signature buffalo wings.

We skipped the main course and ordered a variety of appetisers to share.

Photobucket
Fried Button Mushrooms ($13.50)


Photobucket
Cheese Fries

Photobucket
Fried breaded calamari and prawns

Photobucket
Mussels in creamy olive oil sauce


The highlight got to be the highly acclaimed fiery buffalo wings with spiciness from level 1 to all the way to 30! If you're up for the challenge at level 30, your name will be on the hall of fame. Or rather hall of flame!

Photobucket

Try the wings last in case the spiciness numbs your tastebuds. For the chicken hearted, there's also the non-spicy version.

We started with half a dozen of at level 3($19.50). Tasty, tangy, spicy. Still enjoyable. For someone who can't take spiciness like E, that's her limit. KT thought it was no sweat and we doubled up to level 6 for the next half a dozen($21.00).

First bite, it was just as spicy as level 3. A few seconds later, the spiciness started to bit my tongue. I sipped a mouthful of ice cold beer to put out the fire but it only worsened the situation. After the beer went down my throat, my mouth started burning. I could however finished the whole thing without tearing. KT on the other hand, was screaming for water in between bites. *LOL* And poor KC felt miserable after finishing up his share.


I can't imagine how spicy level 10 is, let alone 30. O_O|||

After the burning sensation which left us with Angelina Jolie's lips, we had something sweet to neutralise our tastebuds.

Photobucket

Happy birthday, E. Hope you had a great time. :)

Sunset Grill & Pub is a nice and secluded laid-back place to chill out. I suppose many came here because of its rustic ambience. You may want to set off earlier as the area is quite a maze.

Photobucket

Photobucket



P/S: Thanks, E, KC&JT. It was a great trip. :)


Sunset Grill & Pub

Republic of Singapore Flying Club

140-B Piccadilly, Seletar Airbase,
East Camp

6482-0244
Opens daily from 4pm to 10pm

No comments: