Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sim Lim Square Food Court

Here's an entry on the soup dumplings(小笼包) at Sim Lim Square Food Court I promised to blog about earlier.

Whenever I step into SLSQ foodcourt, I'll head straight for the soup dumplings from Shanghai Delights(stall 14) and decide what else to have. Because it takes about 10 minutes for the dumplings to be served steaming hot.

Photobucket

I don't know about the number of folds but this is as good as it gets. Soup spilling out from the thin skin as I sunk my teeth into it. No porky taste or smell. Resting on a thin slice of carrot, this "basket" of eight soup dumplings costs only $6.00. Try them if you haven't. You'll be delighted!

I usually end up ordering Garlic Naan with Butter Chicken($6.50) from the stall next door, Indian & Pakistan(stall 15).
I’d vouch for the fragrant naan and thick gravy anytime, unless I'm not fit to take spicy.

The naan is cooked in a huge ceramic furnace. Is there a name for it?

Photobucket

The crispy naan was flavoured with of minced garlic and butter and served hot from that huge furnace.

Photobucket

Tender chicken pieces were covered with sizzling curry and served on a hot plate. It wasn't exactly spicy and in fact a tad sweet, but somehow I didn't mind at all.

Photobucket

Perfect match.

Photobucket

Despite looking dry, the tandoori chicken was very tender and juicy.

Photobucket

Apart from roti prata, naan and dosay, I'm clueless about Indian food. I can't compare but I can tell you it satisfies me, anytime of the day.

Besides what I've recommended, the Parklane Abalone Minced Meat Noodles and popiah from Local Delights are very good too.

Sim Lim Square is not just about gadgets at bargain prices but good food too.


Sim Lim Square Food Court
1, Rochor Canal Road
, Basement 1

No comments: