Saturday, March 21, 2009

the hunt continues

The hunt for a good curry puff never stops. After a satisfying meal at Old Airport Road Food Center, greedy me went around hunting for other good food to bring home since I hardly come here. I spotted Wang Wang Curry Puff easily with newspaper cuttings and awards stuck all over its stall front. How can I not try this hidden gem!

At $1.10 each, it was a bout the size of 1A curry puff. In fact, they look identical because of the multi-layered crispy skin. Flaky and thin but not as fragrant as 1A's.

Photobucket

The filling was moist, which I like, but it was not spicy enough. There were chunks of potatoes and a piece of very tender chicken meat. No sign of egg.

Photobucket

The good thing about this curry puff was that it didn't feel oily at all after gobbling up two. You know how the oil tends to surface on the skin when you reheat it. The skin of this puff was matte after I took it out from the oven.


Wang Wang Curry Puff may not be the best puff around but I'll definitely grab a few back if I happen to be around the area. The highly recommended black pepper chicken flavour is also a must-try on my next visit.



Old Airport Road Food Centre
51 Old Airport Road, #01-125

No comments: