Sunday, April 19, 2009

Top of The Line

Sorry for the absence. No, I haven't starved to death. My appetite was poor for the past weeks. Things wasn't smooth sailing and I was sick. Naturally, I was in in no mood to blog. But don't worry for the hungry girl is back! :D

Firstly, I'd like to thank my family, friends and K for all the wonderful birthday treats last month.

Top of the line got to be The Line at Shangri-La Hotel. With over 16 culinary stations, the international buffet spread was impressive! However, buffet at
The Line is not just about quantity and eat-all-you-can. It is all about quality. It feels like fine dining less the uneasiness.

These huge and succulent oysters were very fresh.

Photobucket

This was like the size of 2 oysters!

Photobucket

Sashimi was a must-have too.

Photobucket

The cold crabs and prawns were very sweet unlike those I've tasted at other buffets.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cheese Platter
Photobucket

Roast Beef
Photobucket

Something I usually won't eat at a buffet, local fare. But I didn't know why, the laksa looked really tempting and I had to give it a try. It'd be perfect with cockles though.

Photobucket

By the time we were done with the mains, there wasn't much time or space for desserts.

Chocolate Fountain
Photobucket

My favourite Tiramisu!
Photobucket

Thanks M for such a lavish treat. :)

2 comments:

MM said...

drooling.... I want those roast beef, crab, prawn and salmon sashimi!!!!!

seahorsey said...

Happy Birthday GF!! I didnt forget, but a bit delayed this year due to work...sorry cant be there to celebrate...would have been there on 30 apr, if not for work commitments :(