Monday, April 20, 2009

a prime dinner

I've tried Astons Specialties but dinner at Astons Prime was a totally different experience. All thanks to CL for the delightful birthday treat. :)

Astons Prime serves more premium cuts of meat. Of course, there's a price to pay but still, both restaurants offer great value.

I really enjoyed the Deep Fried Oysters after having too many(although not even half of what M had) raw ones at The Line. The wasabi mayonaise sauce complimented the starter very well.

Photobucket

I am no expert when it comes to steaks and can't even recall the names! But I do remember it's supposed to be veal and cost about $30. Served with buttered mushrooms and mashed potatoes, I like the feeling when my steak is served sizzling on the hotplate.

Photobucket

However, we later realized the beef got overcooked after awhile even when it was cushioned by the onions.

Photobucket

This slab of meat(about $20) was soaked in red wine before it was cooked. I can't even remember the portion but it was just enough for me.

Photobucket

The meat was very tender and juicy.

Photobucket

What's red meat without red wine? ;)

Photobucket

There's no ambience and not an ideal place for a romantic dinner. But there's also no service or GST charges. In short, you are only paying for quality food.

I'll definitely recommend Astons Prime to MM, a meat lover.

No comments: