Thursday, January 15, 2009

Satisfying Smoked Salmon Salad

It's always nice catching up with old friends. Met up with IR and AD for lunch at Coffee Club a week ago.

IR loves salad. In fact, she's the one who introduced me to salad. Before I got to know her, the word salad does not exist in my dictionary. Haha! Still, to me, salad is an appetizer. Or a side. There are just too many choices on the menu for me to settle for salad as the main course.

I won't order salad alone because it's not filling enough for my big appetite. The taste is always expected and it's too simple to prepare. And salad is boring for I'm never a health conscious person. :P If there's any salad that appetizes me, it got to be the Classic Caesar Salad with Smoked Salmon($10.80) from
Coffee Club.

Photobucket

Crisp romaine lettuce drizzled with signature caeser dressing and served in a homemade cheese bowl. The savouriness of the smoked salmon and crispy cheese bowl complemented the less exciting vegs. Nothing out of this world but the combination was just perfect. Perfect for me.


The Warm Duck Confit Salad tasted very Chinese. Reminded me of braised duck with a touch of balsamic vinegar.


Photobucket

The Roast Beef sandwich with caramalised onion was a tad too sweet for my liking. :(

Photobucket

I much prefer salad with oil based dressing but the smoked salmon caesar salad has just whet my appetite for more. :)

No comments: