Sunday, January 4, 2009

chicken puff

As a curry puff lover, it is only natural that I was quick to try out the black pepper, chilli crab and other new flavours the puff makers came up with. Still, nothing beats the original.

Lately,
Old Chang Kee introduces the Chicken and Mushroom Puff($1.20). Not too exciting. Sounds like a regular chicken pie in shape of a curry puff. But being greedy and always keen to give new flavours a try, I bought one.

To my surprise, it tasted good.
Could have been better if it was a little peppery though. It was oozing with chunks of mushrooms, potatoes, carrots and chicken. Another plus point was that it was piping hot. Not warm, not hot but piping hot. That explains why you can always feel the heat when you pass by an OCK stall. I didn't feel gelak after eating which always happens when I have their huge curry puff with super thick skin.

Overall, worth a try but bring your own pepper. ;)


Photobucket

6 comments:

YongCL said...

u r really AMAZING. Can eat and eat. Don't you worry about getting chubby. "0_o. Envious

cyanwater said...

Hahaha... fact is I eat more than this! Only have time to post what's recommended. FYI, you haven't seen me in a long time, maybe I've become chubby. :P

YongCL said...

Come down to Paya Lebar Singpost Building, tats me office and let's meet for lunch. I buy u one of the best curry puffs in Singapore..

786 Merpati Putih
Geylang Serai Temp Mkt
#01-295,
9am to 5.30pm daily
Closed on Mondays

cyanwater said...

You sure it's one of the best? Don't con me down to Paya Lebar hor! :P

YongCL said...

Awwww come on girl. Where's ur sense of adventure? Don't come lor, then u will always wonder. Never try never know. Hahaha.

cyanwater said...

Girl is getting old, and has lost her sense of adventure. hahaha.... But PL really out of the way lor!