Thursday, November 27, 2008

pass it on...

Jamie Oliver is my dream guy! Not only is he cute, he's a great cook. But come to think of it, I actually don't need my guy to whip up a meal for me because I find cooking therapeutic and I enjoy cooking for my loved ones(just like Oliver!). As long as he can wash the dishes after the meal, I think that is good enough. Haha! I'd love to have a fully equipped kitchen like Oliver's and a backyard to grow my own herbs. Right now, I can only make do with Mum's kitchen and McCormick's herbs. Those fresh ones are not easily available and can be really expensive! :(

Anyway, I got Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food from K as my early X'mas present(actually I requested for it). :P I can't wait to try making paella, a cracking burger, perfect roast chicken, baked cod wrapped in bacon with rosemary, baked french potatoes, baked camembert pasta and many many more! *drools*

Photobucket

This book contains a range of simple recipes and is actually inspired by people Oliver has met who thought they could never and would never learn how to cook. Regardless, this book is for a reluctant beginner as well as a good cook who just appreciates simplicity.
Why Ministry of Food? It's a food movement called pass it on which Oliver has started. "On the surface it's quite simply about friends teaching friends how to cook good, honest, affordable food and just generally be a bit more streetwise about cooking." To learn more, buy a copy and pass it on! ;)

No comments: