Tuesday, May 27, 2008

not so ugly burger

I've been wanting to make my own burger since C gave me the link to his friend's blog. An ugly burger recipe. Since I've been burger hunting lately, I am very keen to make a burger from scratch. And I'm glad I did because it was definitely worth my time. Yes, like he said, it was darn good. Just that mine wasn't as ugly. :P

I never really measure when I cook just like
keongzai. So with his recipe, I guesstimated the portions of ingredients he stated. I'll just copy the basic steps over just in case he deletes his blog. But do hop over to his blog and read his interesting burger rules which I followed readily.

Ingredients to make 4 patties:
400gms of topside steak, pulsed in food processor

dash of salt
dash of black pepper

dash of ground cumin

dash of ground coriander seeds
half teaspoon of mustard powder
half an onion (sauté with olive oil)
handful of grated parmesan cheese
half cup of breadcrumbs

1 egg

Patty:
Mix everything together with half of the breadcrumbs, adding more if mixture is too wet. The egg binds the mixture, and the breadcrumbs absorbs some liquid if it’s too wet. Fashion thick patties, dust it with breadcrumbs and fridge it for at least 20 minutes. This allows the flavors to get to know each other and for the patty to hold its shape. Fry it in pan with olive oil. Don’t overcook, it’s not sexy.


Buns:
Lightly butter the buns and toast them.

Toppings:
Sauté fresh
(shitake or white) mushrooms and onions with butter. Egg is optional.

This looks pretty decent, isn't it? It's topped with mushrooms, sauté onions, fried egg, tomatoes and lettuce.

Photobucket
Some like the lot.

Photobucket
Some like it topless.

Photobucket
I like it with fresh onions!

Photobucket
Be it red or yellow.

Photobucket
And I also like my beef to be slightly rare.

Photobucket

I bet it's better than the burger E claimed her bf can make! Haha!


P/S: I'd like to thank
keongzai for the wonderful recipe and P for helping me with super-marketing and eating. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

I'm glad you liked it. Always happy to share something good.

And yes you're right, mine is definitely uglier. :D

catzfishz said...

it's definitely the best burger I've ever tasted! The mushroom is so juicy and the steak are done just right...!