Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lagoon Curry Puff

After my curry puff lover friend, M, confirmed that the curry puff stall at East Coast Lagoon Food Village still exists, I couldn't wait to revisit the good old taste.

It was Labour Day and I took this opportunity to satisfy my crave. Happily, I dashed to the stall that says Lagoon Chicken Curry Puff. When I saw the empty food rack at the stall, my heart sank! To my relief, the uncle was deep-frying the curry puffs and I got them piping hot for $1.20 each. There was no egg and it was about 15% smaller than Old Chang Kee's.

Photobucket

That didn't really matter because my memory of the best curry puff ever was relived. The filling was spicy and moist with bits of onions in it. The skin was neither too oily nor thick. Everything was just perfect.

Photobucket

K and I tried to make our trip even more worthwhile by strolling along the beach and acting romantic under the scorching sun after the fulfilling afternoon snack.

1 comment:

ken lee said...

logoon curry puff, the filling like 1A curry puff with traditional skin. nice! like them both....