Sunday, August 2, 2009

thai-style grilled chicken

A follower of my blog asked if I've been fasting.

Sorry for not blogging.

Most would have known, my dearest Power Mac G5, which has served me well for some time, went dead on me about 1 month ago. High time to upgrade.

Finally, I'm back on track with a high drool factor
2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 24" iMac.

So, what's cooking?

This was what I've attempted in the kitchen last Saturday.

Thai-style Grilled Chicken
Photobucket

Ingredients:

4 chicken thighs
1 lime
a few lemon grass to garnish

Marinade:
1 lemon grass stalk, chopped
1" piece fresh root ginger
4 garlic cloves
2 shallots
1/2 bunch coriander roots
1/2 tbsp palm sugar
1/3 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce

Steps:

To prepare the marinade, process ingredients with a food processor until smooth.

Marinade the chicken for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.

Grill the chicken at 200ÂșC for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked and golden brown, turning the pieces occasionally and brushing with the marinade.
(The chicken will taste better if it was barbecued)

Garnish with lime wedges and lemon grass.



My friends love it to the bone.

1 comment:

seahorsey said...

back from the dead are you? :P