Monday, August 3, 2009

from the horse's mouth

How time flies. I can still remember M's last birthday when I brought her to Wasabi Tei(which I've not even blogged about) for good and affordable Japanese. It's her birthday yet again. Although having a couple more lines isn't worth celebrating, I think every birthday girl(and boy, of course) deserves a good meal on their special day.

I was very excited to bring M to Riders Cafe for brunch when I first learnt about this secluded place. Firstly, she's a horse lover. Secondly, I promise to buy her Eggs Benedict. Thirdly, her birthday was round the corner. Perfect recipe.

Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of city life,
Riders Cafe is surrounded by greenery and occasional trotting horses at Bukit Timah Sadde Club. It is in a historical black and white building with high ceiling, old tiles, everything rustic and it is not air-conditioned!

Photobucket

The cafĂ© is pretty small and it’s may be a good idea to make reservation especially during weekend. Take the seats by the balcony for a nice view to go with your meal.


Photobucket

Nice detail.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We ordered Eggs Benedict($12.00) but they served us Eggs Florentine instead, which was a good thing because M later said she loves spinach and we found them delicious.
I'm going to try the poached eggs with smoked salmon the next time.

Photobucket

I'm very glad to discover yet another place that serves Eggs Benedict(reasonably priced!) in Singapore.

Photobucket

The Roast Beef Sandwich($16.00) was served with wholewheat toasts and accompanied by steak fries. A very hearty meal.

Photobucket

I heard that the to-die-for desserts is a must-try especially Death By Chocolate. On my next visit!

nice ambience + good food + great company = happy (birthday)

Yes, I'm born in the year of the Horse. You do the maths. :P

No comments: