Sunday, December 14, 2008

roti prata kosong satu

I can still remember vividly that granny would buy me breakfast from the market before school when I was in primary school. One of my favourites got to be roti prata. My sisters and I would eat with our bare hands just like the Indians! The prata then was fluffy, chewy and irregular in shape. The curry was watery(not exactly dilluted) and I could only remember the taste of curry powder. Unappetizing as it may sound but I really miss those childhood days.

Roti prata is still one of my favourite food. But now, I eat them for supper. And they are crispy! No introduction needed, The Roti Prata House is best known for its crispy prata. Long gone the soggy prata, the western influenced crispy prata now comes in many different flavours like cheese, mushrooms, ice-cream, other than egg. I still prefer the original, kosong
(plain) ones with fish curry. The prata has shrunk in size over the years so satu(one in malay) is never enough.

Photobucket

T likes it with sugar and I can never understand why. :P

Photobucket

I enjoy the
teh tarik here because it's not too sweet.

Photobucket

Nasi Goreng Ikan Bilis is another dish I'd order if I need a full meal. Loaded with vegtables, beancurds, green chillies and ikan bilis, it's peppery and fragrant. Yum!

Photobucket

Roti Prata is really tasty but unhealthy not to mention having them for supper. Which is why M always insists we should go for cake and tea at McCafe instead. (Cake is very fattening too! It's just disguised in a nicer outlook.) :P

Blogging about this now reminds me that I have not visited the famous Jalan Kayu prata at Thesevi's for the longest time.
Shall we, M?


The Roti Prata House
246M Upper Thomson Road
Singapore 574370
6459 5260
Opens 24 hours

No comments: