Monday, July 7, 2008

mini but great

With just a mini budget, you're in for a big treat at Timo Mini Italian Cuisine. Timo means thyme in Italian. Not surprisingly, thyme is a basic ingredient in Italian cuisines.

Timo is sandwiched between stalls of famous traditional local favourites in Maxwell Market. A humble stall selling spaghettis, pizzas and desserts, Timo draws the younger crowd who are opened to new taste. I may not be that young but being a huge fan of Italian fare, this new boy-next-door won my heart over the other familiar local delights.

The first time I went Timo with J and JP, I tried the Black Pepper Chicken Spaghetti ($4.00). It was pretty decent for the price I paid. The Chocolate Lava ($3.50), however, was more than decent. It was sinfully tempting. We were very impressed by the presentation as something that pretty was never expected to be served here, in an old-fashioned market. After admiring the chef's masterpiece for some time, we decided to keep the chocolate pie warm and attack before the ice cream melts.

Photobucket

It was heavenly. The Chocolate Lava is what I call a simple pleasure. If this was served on a porcelain plate, it'll probably cost twice as much.


Photobucket

The Chef told us we have to try his pizzas on our next visit if we can afford to wait for 15-20 minutes. On my second visit, I didn't think twice and went straight for the Seafood Pizza (6", $7.00), served fresh from the oven.

Photobucket

The crust is thin, light and crispy, the toppings fresh, moist and tasty. It was definitely worth the wait.

Photobucket

The only mistake was sharing the pizza with JP! We ended filling up our stomachs with the famous DIY hum chee peng across Timo.

I think apart from instant noodles, that was the first time he actually cooked and I got to taste it. Haha!

3 comments:

catzfishz said...

wow.... I lived near Maxwell but I didn't know there's such a new stall that serves Italian food with such great presentation!

cyanwater said...

Ya! All you know is "daily chicken rice"! Haha!

jp said...

yummy!