Tuesday, February 3, 2009

旺来

Sorry for the absence. Chinese New Year has been really busy. No, I haven't been busy feasting but I was out of town for more than a week and missed my steamboat reunion. In fact, I even fell sick on the second day of CNY. But no worries, I'm in the pink of health now and had my yearly dosage of yusheng and abalone. :)

I'm no big fan of CNY goodies but this year I got my share of delicious homemade pineapple tarts in different shapes and sizes.


These are from a good friend, V. Melts-in-your-mouth pastry with moist filling made from honey rock sugar. $25 per box.

Photobucket

These are from my cousin, the one who taught me how to make
bread. The pastry was buttery and fragrant. The pineapple filling was chewy and not too sweet.

Photobucket

These pineapple tarts from auntie S were crisp and had a slight milk powder flavour. The filling was similar to those by my cousin.

Photobucket

They all tasted really good and it depends on your preference. Let me know if you guys want to order next year. ;)

By the way,
T gave me a box of my favourite shrimp rolls from home's favourite. Packed in nice tin, the skin of the shrimp rolls was a tad hard but filling was very spicy and tasty. (I can't stand those that are sweet!)

Photobucket

No comments: